Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Coupon Extremists: Zeal For Savings Resulting in Thefts


Interesting article about how the new "fad" of couponing has led some people to the extreme of stealing newspaper coupon inserts. Unfortunately, the idea of the newspaper box relies totally on the honor system. Something I naively took for granted before reading this article. Although, I always buy my Sunday paper at my local gas station, so the temptation never enters my thoughts. And more often than not I have the gas station clerk ask me, "you know you have more than one paper here, right?" Yes, I know. It's intentional. I don't subscribe to my local Sunday paper mainly because there are occasionally Sundays when there are no inserts included (ie, holiday weekends), and times when I choose different quantities based on the quality of the coupons included. I'd have to make a special trip to pick up more papers anyhow. I digress. Read the article. It'll really open your eyes to the "business" of couponing. Frankly, I enjoy the entire couponing process. Even if I didn't, I wouldn't lower myself to outright theft!

No comments:

Post a Comment